Thus an effective Production Management needs more:
- Scheduling and dispatching of orders based on the availability of required materials
- Provision and retraction of material by intra-logistics synchronized with order execution
- Management and gapless tracking of material transfers in production and manufacturing to enable Tracking & Tracing across the entire internal value added chain.
- Support of material demand planning depending on the progress of order execution.
The module ISYS Storage & Transport therefor provides own functionality as well as enhancements for other modules.
- Functions in the module ISYS Core System for model-based definition of resources relevant to production is extended by the capability to define materials, packaging structures and warehouse structures.
- The module ISYS Analysis & Reports supports the correlation of any kind of production data with materials and individual, order- and lot-related portions of them.
- The modules ISYS Scheduling, ISYS Dispatching and ISYS Execution Control can be used directly for management, control and monitoring of order-related material transfers across all areas of the production site.
Furthermore, with this module a comprehensive warehouse management for non-automated storage areas is available. The mapping of multi-component storage locations is supported as well as material sources or sinks integrated in the production or manufacturing processes.
The warehouse management in combination with the capability of mapping material-specific packaging structures, allows stock keeping close to production and accurate to time and transaction down to the level of the smallest, individually identifiable material quantity.
The functional scope is rounded off by the capability for mapping and seamless integration of order-related material transfers for raw materials, intermediate and finished goods, including identification and validation of the materials through to transparent return of residual quantities, e.g. due to order changeover.
In case the use of automated warehouse technology is not required or not desirable, complete warehouses for raw material and finished goods can be managed and operated with the warehouse management, including the main order-controlled processes in these areas like
- goods receipt in the raw material warehouse,
- storage, shifting and removal in relation to material transfers in the context of production and manufacturing processes,
- picking and
WMS and ISYS Storage & Transport
The module ISYS Storage & Transport is not designed as replacement for full-blown WMS for fully automated warehouses like Highbay Warehouse (HBW) and Automatic mini-load warehouse (AMW) or fully automated transport systems like Automatic Guided Vehicles (AGV) or similar.
It rather represents a scalable alternative for manually operated storage areas (bulk storage, shelf storage or similar) in order to integrate these in the order-controlled production or manufacturing processes – possibly using a fork lift control system. In this respect, the module ISYS Storage & Transport can be utilized as supplement to existing automated warehouses and cooperate with automatic transport systems, similar to the integration with other systems, units or machines.